Most often I start making DIY gifts + their gift wrapping super last-minute. Last year I’ve whipped up these upcycled Easter gift bags for my god-daughter and her sister literally minutes before I needed to leave the house for our Easter get together.
Being a super efficient person, I never want to make things twice if I don’t have to. So I mostly take the extra minute or two to document the production process for you and risk arriving late to the party.
My family and friends have gotten used to this quirk over the years, lol.
Supplies to DIY an Upcycled Easter Gift Bag
This post contains affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you! You can click here to read my full disclosure.
- Brown Kraft Paper Bags
- Cardboard to prepare your templates
- Sharpies (I have a Set of 24 Colours that brings me through all my creative projects. Did you know you can even Decorate your Canvas Shoes with them?)
- White Gel Pen
- Pom Poms
- Silk Flowers (I love buying the ones I use for crafty projects at my local dollar store)
- Mini Clothespins (if you want to make these Flower Pegs to decorate your gift bags with)
- Rhinestones or Glitter Glue (optional)
- Hot Glue Gun
I found the same exact or similar items for you:
Don’t forget to download your Free Templates HERE. They are a thank you for subscribing to my newsletter.
- Easter Bunny
- Easter Eggs
- Free Handlettering Practice Sheet TALL & SKINNY (>> from this Herb Markers Tutorial)
All of the supplies I used where already in my stash for a long time (I’ll link to the original crafts I bought them for throughout this post for you). You simply have to work with what you have at hand & be creative if you are a last-minute creator like I am, lol. So obviously this Easter craft tutorial is perfect for Megan’s monthly Craft Room De-Stash Challenge, don’t you think?
Learn more about the Craft Room De-Stash Challenge
If you’d like to join in the Craft Room De-Stash Challenge, you can request to join our Facebook group here!
Let’s Meet the Hosts!!
At the end of this post you’ll find my friends creations. Make sure to check them out!
Here are the creative projects I’ve put together for this frugal challenge so far:
- DIY Dragonflies: 3 Easy Steps
- Turn a Can into an Upcycled Vase in 10 Minutes
- 10-Minute-Craft: Birds Painted Rock Photo Holder
- DIY Tablet Sleeve with Felt Flowers
- Striped Men’s Hat – Free Crocheting Pattern
- Heather Fall Basket you’ll have all Winter long
- Magical Snowflake Candle Holders + FREE TEMPLATE
- 5-Minute-Craft: Tassel Flowers from Leftover Yarn
- Recycling Project: DIY Lace Candle Holders
- DIY Deer Winter Wreath (that screams Hygge)
How to DIY last-minute Upcycled Easter Bunny Gift Bags
I am still working on the little Video Tutorial for you. If you enjoy visual learning same as I do, make sure to sign up to my YouTube channel HERE so you don’t miss out.
- Download, print, and cut out Easter bunny & eggs FREE template. Remember, it’s a thank you for subscribing to my newsletter.
- If you want to improve your handwriting, grab the FREE Practice Sheet for my tall&skinny hand-lettering font, too. I came up with it while making these Heart-Shaped Wooden Herb Markers.
Creating the Design
- Using a black Sharpie marker, trace the bunny shape and some easter eggs onto one side of a Brown Kraft Paper Bag. If you make several you can mix things up by flipping the bunny template over, adding some markings to your bunnies fur, and giving the Easter eggs a different design pattern.
- Don’t forget to draw your little bunny a happy face (see photo above).
- Add a little note or the recipient’s name.
Lastly, it’s time to decorate!
- Add silk flowers, Rhinestones, Pom Poms, and whatnot using your trusted Hot Glue Gun. Use Sharpies, a White Gel Pen or some glitter glue to add highlights to your design.
- I still had some of those darling Flower Pegs I made for my Bent-Wire Memo Board Remember. I clipped them to the top to keep the gift bags closed.
The girls were decorating the curtains in their rooms with those flower pegs later on and played shopping with the paper bags. #love
How to Make your DIY extra Fancy
If you want to spruce up your Easter gift idea & make it extra special, why not write a little note on it in German?! Either on this gift bag or a Handmade Card.
- Happy Easter! >> Frohe Ostern!
- Easter Bunny >> Osterhase
- Yummy Easter Eggs >> Leckere Ostereier
Let me know if I can add to this list for you. I would be more than happy to do so!
- Learn how to DIY those darling Flower Pegs HERE. Read up on their multiple purposes, too.
- Make a Motivational Cardboard Cut-Out Sign from your leftover silk flowers or a Bunny Ears Headband.
I added a little Glitter Glue to the green leaves of the daisy decor of my second DIY Easter gift bag.
How do you celebrate Easter? And are you giving away Easter baskets or gift bags?
I’m sure you’ll love this handmade Mixed-Media Easter Card, too. Click through and you’ll learn how to crochet a little Easter bunny charm. You’ll find even more Ester ideas over at AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com.
aka The Easter Bunny (>> Bunny Ears Headband Tutorial HERE)
PS: Don’t forget to PIN this to Pinterest
And now let’s see what my co-hosts created from their stash this month: