Today I made a bunch of these darling wooden flower pegs. Originally I planned to only use them for my new bent wire memo board.
But it turned out there are so many things you can decorate with these. You’ll find an inspiring list at the end of this post!
This is one of my easiest tutorials ever. Ok, there is one that can even beat this one: It’s how to make a butterfly antennae headband.
Sometimes it’s the simple things in life, that gives you the most joy!
Supplies To Make Flower Pegs
Only three things on the list! So it’s also a frugal craft 😉
- Silk Flowers (I think silk flowers are best bought at your local dollar store)
- Mini Wooden Pegs (I found this amazing combo of a jute twine and wooden pegs. You could simply span the twine and hang your latest family photos from it, using your DIY flower pegs.)
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks (that is my cordless hot glue gun I really like)
I bought $14 worth of silk flowers at my local dollar store this spring. I used them initially to make my “be happy” cardboard cut-out sign and still have a ton left. I had a lot of fun working with the left-overs ever since…
Crafts Projects Using Silk Flowers
More inspiration to use up those gazillion blossoms to come…promise!
How to make Wooden Flower Pegs
This is a project suitable for absolute beginners! Read along and make yourself some nice flower pegs you can use for a quadrillion purposes. You’ll need 10 minutes tops for a hand full of those beauties.
Step 1 – Pick a Silk Flower
You have two options:
- Either pick a flower that is ready to go, or
- glue several pieces (flowers, leaves) together, like I did in the following picture.
Step 2 – Add Wooden Clothespin
Grab a mini wooden peg and add hot glue to one side. Please, pay attention to not burn your fingers. The pegs are super tiny and the hot glue is super hot!
Give it a couple of minutes to dry.
Don’t they look pretty, all in a row? Even showing you their behinds 😉
Step 3 – Start Decorating
And you’re done!
Now, start clipping happily away!
If you like the memo board in the following pic, you can totally make that yourself. Learn how to make a bent wire memo board that reads remember.
You could use them to fix business cards on your memo board at work. And by that spruce up your office a little…
If you love flowers same as I do, you might also like:
- How to make a GIANT Paper Flower
- Mini Paper Roses aren’t bad either 😉
- Tassel Flowers are a good way to use scrap yarn.
- Check out all my Flower Crafts HERE.
Or add a motivational quote to a place you visit often (say your bathroom mirror or your families command center).
Free Printable “You Are Awesome!“
Just so you know, you can totally grab this FREE Printable over in my Freebie-Collection. I couldn’t decide on a frame, so I placed them there all for you to make that final decision. Which do you like best?
Where Else To Use Your DIY Flower Pegs
Simply be creative and clip them to all and everything.
There are sooooo many options! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Use them to stick notes or motivational quotes (FREE Printable) to a wire memo board.
I just made this cute memo board reading the word remember (video). You’ll find the written tutorial over at Hazel+Gold Designs. As my friend, Sheri asked me to do a guest post on her amazing blog 💕
- Clip your latest family photos to a hanging washing line or jute picture frame.
- They easily add a pop of color when gift wrapping with brown packing paper (which I do very often) or gift bags.
- And you can even decorate your curtains or a mirror with them.
- They are also a fun and flexible way to add some flowers to your bunting or a banner.
Keep scrolling for some visual inspiration, too.
Share with me some of your ideas by sending me photos of your flower pegs new home! I will add them to the inspirational list in this post and give you full credit of course!
PS: When you’re busy right now, PIN this to Pinterest to make it later.