Remember, that my blogging friends and I challenged ourselves in the first week of January to do our first Craft Room Makeover together? We were all so fed up with how our crafting spaces looked after the craftathon of the last quarter of 2017.
Creative minds like we are, we figured that it would be much easier to tackle this job as a team rather than on our own. And right we were!!!
Look what we’ve accomplished in the last four weeks. You’ll find links to my friends’ result at the end of this post.
If you’re all like “Huh?” now, chances are, you’ve missed my previous posts about the Craft Room Challenge.
This could be because you
1. either share my very bad habit of not reading your emails on time or you
2. simply haven’t signed up for my little newsletter, yet.
So, don’t miss out and sign up now! 🙂
Craft Room Challenge 2018
Basically, I started out with this view from my bed every morning:
See, I don’t have a dedicated room for all my creative work and have to put up with a small corner in my bedroom. I wanted to remodel my craft space so it was both efficient in storage and nice on the eye.
And I am proud that only after four weeks, I ended up having this view:
Stunning, right? I’ll give you the grand tour in my video further down.
How To Mentally Survive A Craft Room Makeover?!
Want to know how I managed this transformation in four weeks time? Without going insane?
full-time day job, family, friends, sleep?
I split the craft room makeover up into manageable bites!
And now it’s finally time for me to report back from Week 4 – cleaning & decorating.
How to Decorate Small Craft Spaces for Efficiency and Style!
PIN it to Pinterest for later!
Let me just say I am mighty proud of myself! And feel awesome as to what I’ve accomplished. But why don’t you go see for yourself?
Before & After Small Space Craft Room Tour 2018
Goals for this Craft Room Makeover:
1 – Create decorative storage space behind the bedroom door >> CHECK
2 – Install a system for THE DUMP next to my desk >> CHECK
3 – YES to more storage, NO to clutter >> CHECK
4 – Optimize storage space to hold even more craft goodies
I still have a couple of empty drawers, jars, boxes to put new craft supplies into. So >> CHECK to this goal 😉
5 – Discipline in cleaning up after being creative >> CHECK
So far my desk is still clean: And YES, I did already create new things in my craft room and YES, I did put the supplies away after I was done. To keep this good behavior up it might be best to write down a…
I really really enjoy working in my newly organized and decorated craft room. It’s amazing how fast you can work when you actually have a workspace to do so, lol.
Sometimes I have to think hard as to where I put a certain tool or supply, but it won’t take long till I’ll find my crafty stuff blindfolded again.
So here is a promise I make to myself today:
I will keep my craft room tidy and functional!
What do you think? Should I even go as far as to report the current state of it every other month or so on social media? This would for sure hold me accountable, right?
PS: I still have a couple more craft room projects up my sleeve, so make sure to sign up and stay tuned.
Welcome to the 2018 Craft Room Challenge!
- From January 3rd through January 31st, 14 crafty bloggers will be sorting, organizing, cleaning, and decorating their craft spaces.
- Each of us has a very different craft space to tackle, so chances are you will find one similar to yours. We’d love for you to join in on the fun challenge and clean right alongside us.
- Follow along and join in on social media by using #craftroomchallenge and #confessyourmess.
- You can also find us and the challenge via our social media accounts you’ll see listed on each of our sites.
- We’ll also have 15-minute mini daily challenges for you in case you have limited time to dedicate to the challenge.
- We hope you share your messy spaces and progress with us so we don’t feel alone this month!
Before you see the rest of the crafty spaces, please meet our lovely hosts:
Michelle from Our Crafty Mom
Now, let’s take a look at their craft rooms and spaces!